Monday, March 19, 2007

My new best Friend-cipe......
You read that right....friend-cipe......Defined, a recipe that I can call my friend. I remember 4 or 5 years ago, having to pull my betty crocker wedding gift recipe book out to remind myself how to correctly hard boil and egg. I love hard boiled eggs, but I am not to proud to tell you that I have always found them to be a challenge. The fear of over -cooking, under- cooking ,and don't even get me started on the peeling process......Anyway, you haven't lived until you've tried organic farm fresh, hard boiled eggs...They are a great snack, and a great way to start your day...and here's your tip.....Place the eggs in cold water, water level one inch over....bring to a boil, and boil for 3 minutes.......remove from heat....put lid on tightly and let them continue to cook for 20 minutes. Immediately run under cold water....and voila, the no nonsense ....easy peel. yummy snack....so easy, even I can do it right!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

i JUST tried to make organic hard boiled eggs. You SO should have posted this a few days ago. It was a sad scene.

Goody said...

I boiled some also! We eat them as snacks out of the frig. They are so much better than others! Tom Thumb now has a large supply of certified organic products. Love them!