Wednesday, March 7, 2007

In the Beginning....

Those who even slightly know me....can confirm that eating out is...was...what I did. I spent my whole adult life trying to come up with ways to get out of cooking. My Mother (and my inspiration) tried to encourage me by insisting that eventually I would embrace it, if for no other reason than to see my family happy and satisfied. Right....anytime now..... Well, I am happy to tell you that 20 years later, my Mom's words have finally come to pass.....Just goes to show you, Mom IS always right...Anyway.....about six weeks ago, I got my hands on a book titled The Natural Cure, and it struck a chord. The time had come.....and I knew it instantly Things were going to change. The eating world that we had known for over 20 years was about to change......end......and I was excited, really excited.
Despite what you might think...changing the way you eat begins by changing the way you think...The victory is in the mind....Having worked in a gym for over15 years I have seen and heard some crazy things...crazy good, and crazy bad.....Let's start with the crazy bad. I have a habit of comparing the human body to a car, because the analogy works so well....So let's say you are a car, a machine that runs on fuel, as does the human body. Let's call this car Lightening McQueen....LM pulls up to the gas station...he looks around as sees that gas has really gone up in price, plus the pumps are really slow, and he might have to pump it himself.....So instead, he pulls up to coke dispenser, and fills up....it soo delicious, and so much cheaper (and there's also the addiction element)...Now, LM is no dummy, and he knows he probably should have used fuel, but he'll make up for it....how? He'll hit the highway....twice even...run his engine as hard and fast as he can, to make up for the bad fuel choice.....if LM could do push-ups, he would.....This is the same mentality we as humans have...We fill our bodies with crap, send ourselves to the gym go as hard and fast as we can on non-fuel to make up for our bad choices. Not only are we not being productive, we are completely counter productive. Just like LM, we blow out engines, ruin pistons, and our transmissions are shot. We wonder why we don't lose weight, feel better, or have more energy...but there's really no mystery. It's simple....maybe too simple. Cars need gas...Humans need live, wholesome foods.
Ok ...enough of that....let's make it personal. In a fast food world, with busy schedules and hectic lifestyles, is it really possible to eat healthy...the answer is yes...yes and yes. The first thing I did, was rid....that is, get rid, of all the junk.....chips, little debbies, frozen chicken fingers, processed meats, soda, bread, cereals..It was all wrong. Before you label something "healthy', read the label...if there is even one ingredient you can't pronounce, it probably isn't, healthy that is...(That ingredient, the one you can't pronounce, is more than likely one of the reasons something isn't working the way you'd like).
Now my family has been really blessed with good health...as much as it is within my power, things will stay that way.
The second thing I did (after cleaning out and replacing) was check my families ph levels...All cancer patients have one common denominator, an acidic body....An acidic body is a progressive thing, It does not happen overnight, so monitoring ph is a great way to monitor health...Disease cannot thrive in a alkaline environment....so we all tested...the results weren't too bad, considering. Six weeks later, we continue to monitor, and the changes are amazing. I highly recommend monitoring your ph.....once you find where you're at, make the necessary changes in your diet. This is a great tool, and the kids are competitive about it.....imagine that!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

wow. that's a great analogy. I never really thought about trying to burn off the bad and doing more damage. Hmm.

Goody said...

Good analogy! Yes, the ph thing. And mine is acid at the moment. Probably the problem.