Wednesday, March 7, 2007

The Green Mile...My Organic Journey

Greetings family and friends. Welcome to my journey-journal....Recently, I made the decision to "go green" and took my whole family with me. Oddly enough, they were all happy to join me. I had expected a little kicking and screaming from them (being that all five of my kids are teenagers) when I divorced them from french fries, golden arches, signs with the word Bell on them, and any form of a deep fried chicken part. Some might argue that it is best to make a transition like this slow, and methodical...but not us. We all dove in head first, no looking back....empty the pantry...out with the old, in with the new.
We are now six weeks into our "greeness", and I am so pleased.
The simplicity of eating organic is actually very freeing....The additional costs take a little getting used to, but it's worth the investment. Even though I am spending much...much more at the grocery store, I am spending absolutely nothing at the drive thru....so it all evens out.

The purpose of this blog is three-fold....one: to share our experience with healthy eating...the pros, and even the cons...two; to share helpful tips and ideas that I discover along my journey..( I have already learned some amazing things) ....third: to encourage.....Knowing and believing that the body is incredibly capable of healing itself is an amazing thing....Louis Pasteur said it best "the germ is nothing, the terrain is everything". We have the knowledge and the ability to make our bodies strong and disease resistant. Every tool we need to make this happen, God provided.
Once you make the decision to only put into your body what it needs for fuel, miracles begin to happen....and that's what this blog is all about.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay! Good for you! My transition is a bit slower, but still dramatic!! I'll be a frequent flier here!

Goody said...

I am so proud of you! You have inspired me to shift back to my organic ways even though I was still "healthy" with my cooking. Can hardly wait to visit you!!!!